|Batch-based Calculation of Sustainability Impact method (BCSI)||A calculation method of specific EI/SI on individual product batches, which can be used by the industry itself.
|Environmental Impact (EI)||Environmental impact of products: EI might be indicated by the distance the food is transported from the time of its production until it reaches the consumer, so called ‘food miles’.
|Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)||Life cycle assessment is a holistic method used to evaluate the environmental impact during the entire life cycle of a product.
|Sustainability Impact (SI)||SI is a generic term for what is calculated by using LCA. With LCA it is possible to calculate not only the impact on the environment, but the impact on sustainability in general, taking into consideration social and economic impact as well as environmental impact.|
THE WHITEFISH PROJECT
- WhiteFish is the short title for the "Automated and differentiated calculation of sustainability for cod and haddock products" project which is running from January 1st 2011 to December 31st 2013. It is a "Research for the Benefit of SME Associations" project funded by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
- WhiteFish video
- New article: Variability in fuel efficiency of a north east Atlantic dermersal trawl fishery
- New article: The TraceFood Framework – Principles and guidelines for implementing traceability in food value chains
- New article: Literature review: Does a common theoretical framework to implement food traceability exist?
- New article: How to define traceability
- New article: Granularity and its role in implementation of seafood traceability
- New report: Supply chain expectations for tool to calculate sustainability of white fish products at a batch level
- New article: The Wider Uses of Traceability
- Press release